- Job ID 221709
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 2
CHICAGO, IL / FINANCE / FULL-TIME
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
We’re seeking an accountant responsible for assisting in all areas related to the cryptocurrency accounting process, including domestic and international regions. This position will be responsible for booking the monthly cryptocurrency related journal entries, preparing roll forwards for the various wallets/exchanges, working to develop controls and process improvements, and assisting in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise. This position will have the opportunity to collaborate with various teams across the organization such as the trading and data analytics teams.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and management reporting on a monthly basis for domestic and international regions
- Learn and apply relevant international accounting rules
- Onboard accounting with new acquisitions
- Perform Month End Close functions end to end including but not limited to; journal entries, account reconciliations, account variance analytics in relation to CoinFlip’s various cryptocurrencies
- Obtain and analyze data from multiple sources in order to consolidate, develop into schedules that will be used as support documents for the month end close process
- Documenting internal controls and processes for accurate and timely financial reporting
- Collaborating with Accounting & Finance and various other departments on a daily basis
- 1-2+ years of accounting experience ideally in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Intellectually curious, demonstrated ability to improve and implement processes to maximize efficiency
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with a working knowledge of Tableau and ERP Systems (NetSuite is ideal)
- Self-starter, strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Ability to work in our Chicago office Monday-Friday
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Nice to Have:
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services is a plus
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply “HELP.” Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.