- Job ID 231346
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The intern will assist other Executive Assistants and act as a liaison between projects, company initiatives, and office needs. This experience will give exposure to event planning, office management, account reconciliation in a healthcare organization.
- Event Management/ Meeting CateringAccount/Expense Reconciliation
- Assist in preparing agendas, presentations, and logistical support for various executive and department meetings.
- Assist the Manager of Executive Operations with various external and internal initiatives that will require creativity and insight.
- Provide administrative support including note taking and information gathering.
- As a highly-visible member of the reSTART team, generally act as an ambassador of Company
- Stocking office supplies/exec kitchen- help run errands as needed
- Welcome and greet clients and office guests
- Associates Degree or pursuing higher education
- Computer Savy in Google Docs, Excel, Power Points, Sheets
- Able to communicate effectively with C-level executives, and other high-level executives, and line-level employees, with equal dexterity, respect, and composure.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and able to prioritize personal workload.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Energy and enthusiasm to promote positive experiences with the executive and administrative teams.
- Must have a valid drivers license and transportation available
- Support office staff and executives with general operational tasks
- Scan, organize, upload, and forward documents daily
- Enter chart notes as needed
- Plan and schedule meetings, presentations, and other office related events
- Perform general accounting and bookkeeping duties
- Suggest changes to office task workflow to improve efficiency
- Answer phones in a professional manner
- Direct calls to appropriate persons or take detailed messages
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages as needed
- Reserve conference spaces for meetings
- Schedule travel arrangements
- Send reminders regarding upcoming appointments
- Manage communication of information in and out of the office
- Type out correspondence letters, emails, memos, etc. (paper and electronic)
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Monitor office supplies; order and re-stock as needed
- Ensure office is kept clean and organized at all times
- Run out-of-office errands as needed
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships
Be at least twenty-one years of age or between eighteen and twenty-one years of age if enrolled in an internship or practicum program with an accredited college or university and can provide sufficient documentation.
- Associates degree, pursuing a higher degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience as an administrative assistant
- Fast, proficient, and accurate typist
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other administrative programs
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of business computer applications
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Familiar with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organization skills
- Experience with complex file management
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Professional demeanor
- Be at least twenty-one years of age
- Have the skills and ability to work successfully with the special needs of children in care; and E
- Effective problem-solving and healthy coping skills
- Ability to work with team of clinical and residential staff
- Good communication skills, positive team member, self-starter.
- Happy, fun, and be smiley!
Additional Certificates, Licenses and Requirements:
- Valid Washington driver’s license with a driving record that meets agency requirements.
- Valid Washington State food handler’s permit.
- Completion of CPR (in-person), First Aid, CPI non-violent crisis intervention within 30 days.
- Proof of negative TB test
- Pass criminal background check
- Clean drug screen (including marijuana)
Founded in 2009, reSTART Life, LLC is the nation’s premiere program for digital technology sustainability. reSTART serves adolescents and emerging adults with problematic digital technology use and co-occurring mental health conditions. Adolescents 13-17 and Young adults 18-28 are referred by Family Members, Wilderness Programs, Treatment Centers, Ed Consultants, and Healthcare Providers who recognize the benefits of having a plan for managing digital distractions. reSTART provides innovative, evidence-based care through closely monitored programs and unique resident incentives, creating a comfortable, safe environment for people to heal and flourish.