- Job ID 231279
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is actively seeking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Enterprise Senior Engineer to provide direct support to the Department of Defense Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office (CDAO) initiative to bring increased artificial intelligence capability to the Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE), primarily through the acquisition or development of computer vision algorithms capable of performing a number of automated tasks. The Senior Engineers on this task are high performing individuals who desire to work on the cutting edge of AI and deep learning and make a transformational difference to the DIE. The Senior Engineers will be experienced operating within fast-paced, challenging, multi-faceted projects supporting multiple lines of effort.
The place of performance for this effort is CDAO offices in the Suffolk Building at 5615 Columbia Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041. It is expected that this work will be performed full-time on-site.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect, design, and build a data acquisition platform to provide the full range of Data Description Reports to assist in the AI model development lifecycle, data collection and description, data acquisition plans, necessary Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs) defining data relationships, data set description documents, data curation processes, data set creation criteria, and data cards describing final usable data sets.
- Make necessary updates to data ontologies used to support product lines based on acquired data and the associated updates to the data management platform.
- Develop labeling ontologies to ensure data sets are capable of supporting AI model development.
- Label the data in accordance with the labeling ontologies and processes resulting in clean and usable data sets.
- Provide support during problem framing, defining necessary data sets and data fields to provide desired solutions to the war fighter.
- Develop AI data cards for all data sets used for model training and development, and manage the data cards in accordance with the Government-provided process. For new projects, new data sets and data sources may need to be identified within or external to the DoD. This data must be brought into the Alpha One environment and pushed through the labeling pipeline. Performer shall provide support and services, as needed, to assist the Alpha One team in data identification, development of the necessary MOU and MOA to facilitate data acquisition, and data ingestion into the pipeline, in addition to the services listed above.
Basic Minimum Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizenship with an active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret (TS) security clearance and a current access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) (TS/SCI) is required. Applicants who are not US Citizens and who do not have a current and active TS/SCI security clearance will not be considered for this role.
- Ability to obtain a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph (Poly) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university with 8 years of related experience is required.
- Experience in system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts is required.
- Experience in risk assessments and analysis of system implementation is required.
- Experience with integrating and configuration of systems is required.
- Extensive knowledge in the development, application, and execution of DOD systems is highly desired.
- Proven experience with software development and/or development of AI/ML software is highly desired.
- Experience in providing technical project management of complex, integrated systems with little or no oversight is required.
- Demonstrated experience in oversee development of new AI/ML capabilities and if needed, support efforts by developing, testing and/or deploying software is highly desired.
Executive Order Requirement:
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.