- Job ID 221437
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 5
Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
Ava Labs is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to be involved with all aspects of the legal, regulatory, compliance and policy functions of the company. You will join a top-notch team with deep experience and commitment as well as a sense of humor. If you are ready to bring all of your skills to bear and learn a whole lot, we want to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement legal analysis and strategy to support growth and mitigate risks for Ava Labs and the Avalanche public blockchain
- Provide legal and regulatory support for the development of new and existing products/services, including by advising on securities law, commodities law and money transmission regulations as well as day-to-day corporate law and transactional work
- Collaborate on regulatory and legislative policy and advocacy
- Work on regulatory compliance issues and implementations
- Negotiate partnerships, investments, grants and commercial agreements
- Advise on areas of law relevant to tech startups, including intellectual property and employment
- Manage outside counsel efficiently and effectively, including through education
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience with blockchain technology and crypto assets; corporate law; intellectual property law.
- Engineering or technical background helpful; ability to learn about new technologies a must
- A proactive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally within the company
- An ability to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, voracious reader who can integrate knowledge with practice
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you’ve ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company – this is it! We’re a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We’re highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.