- Job ID 223645
- Working Hours Full-time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
MetaMask aims to create a thriving engineering organization that supports the well-being of our engineers while empowering them to do work they are proud of and enjoy. We strive for an environment that gives our people high trust and autonomy, while also facilitating collaboration, communication and camaraderie among teams and teammates. We aspire to build a diverse engineering team, inclusive to people from all backgrounds and demographics. It is also of great importance to us that working at MetaMask is an experience that catalyzes career growth and learning.
About the role
We are looking for backend Node.js developers with production applications experience to work with our Curated Experiences group. Backend Engineers in this group may work consumer-facing product experience teams within MetaMask or on the API Platform team that builds APIs which are also used extensively within MetaMask.
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on production applications
- Experience with Node.js back-end development (preferably Typescript)
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Writing good technical documentation.
- Located in the Americas/able to work U.S. business hours
Bonus Points for any of:
- Experience as a Team Lead or Tech Lead
- Experience working with third party vendors, in particular financial institutions, neobanks, and web3 companies
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- General interest in DevOps topics / experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging technology
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralized, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD112,000 – $USD247,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.