- Job ID 221526
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 3
Energi (NRG) is a next-generation Proof of Stake (PoS) cryptocurrency, combining Ethereum-compatible smart contracts with on-chain governance, a self-funding treasury, and a layer 2 masternode network, enabling powerful DeFi applications.
We are a fully remote company with no fixed headquarters. The team is spread throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. With more than 90 contributors, the team forms a well-linked network across a variety of locations, lifestyles, and backgrounds.
Energi’s culture is driven by integrity, strategic thinking, leadership, and the shared desire to perform at our peak. While our differences make us adaptable and versatile, it’s our shared values that give us the strength and drive to become the cryptocurrency for world consciousness.
What’s in It for You?
- Work flexible hours from anywhere and be part of a team that is driven by strong values and a clear shared vision.
- Directly shape the future of a completely new model for cryptocurrency and blockchain applications.
- Challenge your skills and push your creative limits working with the latest blockchain technologies & systems.
- Play an active role in one of the most significant technological innovations in human history.
- Receive a competitive salary paid in a combination of BTC and NRG.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Backend Web Developer who will be responsible for building and maintaining the server-side operation and functionality of Energi’s microservices. Your main tasks will include developing and maintaining our database layer, APIs, and other web services.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated and passionate about the future of blockchain technology and who will work with the team to implement functionality, design Energi’s systems, and maintain the health of our code.
What You Will Do
- Build solid, secure, and scalable APIs to serve our frontend platforms
- Ensure server-side development and optimization of data, including creation and management and debugging
- Create and analyze reliable and secure backend functionality
- Develop core backend infrastructure for NFT and DeFi applications
- Write unit and test scripts as needed
- Prioritize, plan, and manage assigned tasks
- Minimum three (3) years of backend development experience
- Experience building resilient, scalable API services
- Proficiency with Golang, NodeJS
- Familiarity working with smart contracts and subgraphs (Graph protocol)
- Understanding of database technologies such as MySQL, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Experience with blockchain technology (web3, infura, etc)
- Self-driven with the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Fluent English communicator
- Passionate and up-to-date on the rapidly changing world of blockchain technology
- Values aligned with the Energi culture and values
Nice to Have
- Some degree of familiarity with NFTs and DeFi
- Prior experience working remotely