- Job ID 223381
- Working Hours Full-time
- Equity Option Not Offered
- Years Experience Required 5
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
The Business Development Lead – DeFi role is designed to nourish and expand the Polygon DeFi ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of a truly revolutionary time in web3, leading the charge of #DeFiForAll on Polygon!
Key Job Responsibilities
In this role as a Business Development Lead – DeFi, you will focus on the growth of the DeFi Business Development vertical supporting Tier 1 and Tier 2 partnerships and projects. Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and will require you to be proactive and motivated. You will have to conduct extensive research to forecast trends and position the Polygon DeFi Business Development team to design strategies to be in the best position for forecasted trends. You will also analyze current trends in DeFi, shortlist protocols that you believe would make a good addition to the ecosystem, and then actively work on onboarding these protocols by making the right connections and taking calls on your own. This is an enormous opportunity to display leadership, utilize your problem-solving ability, and pave the path for the future of finance.
A Day in the Life
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Managing and prioritizing a pipeline
- Negotiating terms
- Setting quarterly and annual goals
- Engaging Tier 1 and Tier 2 DeFi projects across ecosystems and identifying valuable additions to the Polygon DeFi ecosystem
- Identify and invent new value propositions with existing relationships and partners
- Strategizing with partners and attending Tier 1 events
- Mentoring others on goal setting, execution and prioritization
About the Team
- We live, breathe and use DeFi daily
- Our team goal is to make Polygon DeFi the largest, most vibrant and engaged DeFi community
- This team is revolutionizing infrastructure to power the next generation of finance
What you’ll need
- 5+ years work experience in business development, crypto is preferred
- Experience in web3, crypto, and DeFi is required
- Ability to read DeFi/Web3 market conditions and translate that into a value for the Polygon DeFi team
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and grasp of governance forums
- Comfort in making decisions autonomously and explaining your ideas lucidly
- Expert presentation and communication skills
- Expert at building and leveraging relationships
- Strong DegenScore
- Self Driven / Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experienced in community engagement and guerilla marketing
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.