- Job ID 219664
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 3
The key priority of this role is straightforward: Increase market awareness of OpenOcean and drive adoption of OpenOcean.
Your goal as Business Development Manager is to achieve this by managing integrations with DeFi projects and protocols, onboarding projects for Farms (liquidity mining) and Vaults staking), as well as partnering with institutions, exchanges, hedge funds, market makers, and wallet providers. As opposed to traditional sales roles, your mission is to increase the value of OpenOcean and represent the interests of token holders rather than maximizing revenue.
We are looking for someone who can execute key value drivers, manage multiple, complex relationships, and understand the value proposition of OpenOcean. You must be highly organized, self-sufficient and comfortable in building relationships simultaneously. Being ‘crypto native” is not required, but you must understand the movement of the blockchain space on a macro level.
- Increase OpenOcean market awareness and represent OpenOcean in panels, events, and seminars
- Expand and execute strategic partnerships at a global scale, with a focus on DeFi projects, cryptocurrency exchanges, public blockchain ecosystems, technology companies, and financial institutions
- Develop relations with DeFi protocols and wallet providers, and coordinate/negotiate integrations with OpenOcean
- Recruit liquidity and dark pool providers
- Devise strategies for token liquidity mining and staking programs, collaborating with partner Defi protocols
- Set up strategic/listing partnerships with exchanges and crypto projects
- Set up and manage the complete sales cycle and coordinate internally with product managers on delivery timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills, including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, communications, and engineering
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- 3 years successful track record in a sales role with 1 year in a start-up
- At least 2 years experience in business development in crypto, prefer in DeFi