- Job ID 223393
- Working Hours Full-time
- Annual Salary ($USD) $200-249k
- Equity Option Negotiable
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
Reporting to OpenSea’s Head of Communications, the Communications Lead will manage and oversee programs, narratives, and campaigns to tell OpenSea’s story – and the broader NFT story – to the world. The ideal candidate will be a creative, dynamic, confident, and detail-oriented storyteller, with an innate ability to problem-solve, bring ideas to life, and build relationships. This is a deeply collaborative role, supporting cross-functional partners across Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Policy, and Trust and Safety.
- Develop and execute key communication campaigns designed to reach a variety of target audiences, increase brand awareness, and build reputation.
- Shape and deploy compelling, differentiated narratives that build our brand, establish trust and credibility, elevate creators / their stories, launch new products, and announce new partnerships.
- Craft comms materials – including blog posts, position pieces, reactive statements, media pitches, etc. – to effectively tell OpenSea’s story and elevate key executives/POVs.
- Research, identify, and track new opportunities to elevate OpenSea’s story and executives.
- Develop, prep and execute thought leadership campaigns for OpenSea executives, counseling them to more effectively tell stories, manage crises, and model OpenSea principles through storytelling.
- Manage all aspects of media relations, including building and maintaining relationships with media of all kinds.
- Help lead crisis response by connecting dots internally, drafting reactive statements, and building offensive narratives / campaigns to navigate issues and organizational change. You’ll also help refine our strategic response process.
- Monitor the media and respond appropriately to inquiries and issues as they arise.
- Serve as an OpenSea spokesperson as needed.
- You’re (obviously!) a strong writer and communicator. But beyond that…
- You’re a creative, strategic, self-starter who’s adept at synthesizing complex information, problem solving, and project managing.
- You have an innate storytelling ability: you’re inspired by what you read about and observe, have intuition about what will “work,” and can synthesize multiple inputs to bring strong storylines to life with minimal oversight.
- You don’t just love the beginning of projects – you’re excited by the components and delight in sharing strong results.
- You have past experience navigating complex issues / crises, and the ability to see around corners and anticipate questions.
- Perhaps most importantly, you are fascinated by emerging technology (and the challenges that come along with it!), thrive in a dynamic environment, and are energized by the unknown. And of course, you like to laugh.
- 2+ years operating in a leadership capacity
- Prior interest in or understanding of blockchain and NFT technology
- Experience in-house and in-agency
- Experience in a startup environment
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $150,000 to $265,000 plus benefits & equity.