- Job ID 221534
- Working Hours Full-time
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
What does Polygon Miden Team do?
- Polygon Miden is the upcoming STARK-based zk-rollup for Ethereum. At its core, the Miden Virtual Machine is already available. We are working on the next version of the VM, and our goal is to build the most developer-friendly, safe, and performant zero-knowledge virtual machine. Besides, we are working on the rollup design and recursive verification.
- We want to enable software developers to build on top of our Miden VM. Therefore, we need a Compiler Engineer. The Compiler Engineer is responsible for developing and optimising Miden compilers for code hardening and security. You can design and define compilers from scratch, getting feedback and support from experts in the field. You will get to participate in innovative projects and languages. We need you to use cutting-edge technologies that help make breakthrough blockchain technology usable.
- Implement and optimise compilers from high-level languages to Miden assembly.
- Provide feedback and inform design decisions of the Miden VM.
- Interface with the teams working on designing and implementing higher-level languages we target.
- Stay up to date with technological developments regarding compilers.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Experience in low-level languages like assembly or C.
- Passion for compilers and developer tools.
- Ability to optimize software architecture.
- Interested in zero knowledge proof-based blockchain systems and programming language design.
- Have some familiarity with writing smart contracts, especially using Solidity.
- Passionate about compiler technology and open-source software and eager to learn, come and join us.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.