- Job ID 231263
Disruption is changing the way the world works. It’s happening quickly. And it’s creating opportunity, if you can keep up and even get ahead of it. That’s why we’ve established a dedicated Global Innovation team focused on understanding external forces changing our world and how to do things differently in 6 months, 3 years, 10 years and beyond.
In this shifting landscape, we are challenging ourselves to embrace disruption and think differently for our clients. How? By combining the experience of our global Tax, Accounting, Advisory and Transactions professionals (the “suits”) with start-up thinking (the “jeans”). This “suits+jeans” approach applies an entirely new mindset for today’s challenges.
Our global network of EY teams and innovation centers are creating powerful ideas for organizations and ourselves, especially around opportunities coming from artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics and data and analytics.
You will be a part of the Global Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- You will have the opportunity to drive the creation of advanced mathematics for Blockchain technologies and to enable high-value offerings in one or more of our Service Lines
- Help design in the emerging space of distributing computing applications
- Develop advanced Zero Knowledge Proof protocols, Homomorphic Encryption, and conventional cryptographic tools relevant to Blockchain
- Help us to develop practical applications using the above tools
- Perform world-class zero knowledge proof related mathematics
- Participate in standards setting, perform collaborative research into open-source solutions and assist technical colleagues in their development work
- Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied
- Work with developers and architects to increase their skills at writing Zero Knowledge Proofs and related code.
- Think through and anticipate how attacks may attempt to subvert or misuse applications
Blockchain Technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimentation with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews.
- Comfortable with applied mathematics, as it relates to encryption.
- A bachelor’s degree (mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering preferred).
- Masters or PhD degree preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Passion for technology and applying it to business solutions with a strong interest in blockchain and associated concepts.
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition, we’re looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. You will receive excellent training and development opportunities through established programs and on-the-job training.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.