- Job ID 231343
Founded in April 2018 and headquartered in Zug, SEBA Bank is a pioneer in the financial industry providing a seamless, secure, and easy-to-use bridge between digital and traditional assets. As a smart bank SEBA Bank offers a fully universal suite of regulated banking services in the emerging digital economy. In August 2019, SEBA Bank received a Swiss banking and securities dealer license – the first time a reputed, regulatory authority such as FINMA has granted a license to a financial services provider with a core capability in digital assets. The broad, vertically integrated spectrum of services combined with the highest security standards, make SEBA Bank’s value proposition unique – this is why Banque de France selected SEBA Bank to test the integration of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). CVVC Global Report and CB Insights names SEBA Bank as Top 50 Companies within the blockchain ecosystem.
We are bringing a new financial services paradigm to the blockchain and finance economy. In scope of our growth plans we are looking for a Data Analyst.
As part of our continued growth we are investing into the expansion of our data analytics capabilities and are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking and hands-on Data Analyst to drive and evolve our data capabilities. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to raise the organizational maturity from ad-hoc reporting to empowering employees and clients to take insights-driven business decisions. From a technology standpoint you will need to enhance as well as transform our data management and warehousing platform to orchestrate an increased data diversity as well as volumes alongside our cloud journey.
In this function you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with business functions such as Finance, Risk, Operations, Trading and Client Management to implement new data analytics use cases and reports
- Assist in Ad-Hoc reporting / Data exploration
- Build Power BI and SSRS Reports
- Support regulatory reporting
- Promote data analytics within the company and support power users to build their own reports
- Maintain a Data Catalog to support governance, understand lineage and through the right meta-data management promote business driven self-service
- Participate in cross-functional data initiatives
- Help to visualize the current system landscape from a data perspective
For you to become part of SEBA’s journey, we require the following set of experience:
- At least 6 month experience in the data domain in roles such as Data Analyst, Business Analyst
- Good knowledge in SQL
- Working experience with analytics/reporting platforms, preferably PowerBI
- Financial services background and passion to understand business needs and translate into insight generating solutions
- Cloud experience, preferably with the Microsoft Azure
- Strong team player, fostering relationships and cross-divisional interactions.
- Proficient in English and German language knowledge being highly beneficial.
Nice to have
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience in CI/CD tools and frameworks
- Interest in Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Core Banking data structures / Finance knowledge
- Experience with open source software for Big Data & AI,
- Experience with different kinds of databases such as NoSQL, Object- or Column-oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle