- Job ID 225912
- Working Hours Full-time
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst to join our team. This role will work closely with other business functions, such as, Product, Marketing and Data Scientist teams to understand data requirements and provide data solutions. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Python or SQL and eager to learn new skills and technologies.
- Meet with internal stakeholders across various departments (Operations, Marketing, Finance, Sales, etc.) to address key business questions and problem
- Collect, reality-check, and analyze data to address stakeholders’ key business questions
- Interpret findings and present actionable insights, solutions, or recommendations while driving the implementation/adoption of them
- Ensure the company wide KPI dashboard is updated and accurate as well as identify new metrics to be added
- Identify areas of improvement for automating data collection, ingestion, and analysis
- Be a self-starter with a proactive mindset of measuring and optimizing the way we operate the business
- Meet with internal stakeholders across various departments (Operations, Marketing, Finance, etc) to turn business requirements/questions into business insights and BI/reporting solutions
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure business and analytics data requirements are supported with robust, scalable, and adaptable data solutions
- Ensure the best data management and governance practices in data quality, documentation, security, and privacy
- Build, develop, and manage a high-performing data engineering team through direct coaching and mentorship
- Provide data and analytics support across the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Data driven mindset with a degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Engineering, or an equivalent technical field
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in data analytics including data modeling, web/product analytics, marketing analytics, and data ETL/ELT pipeline documentation
- A self-starter with a proactive mindset of measuring and optimizing business metrics/KPIs using Tableau or Excel
- Experience with Python and SQLExceptional ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbal and written, to influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly improving, start-up environment that focuses on solving problems with iterative technical solutions
The Nice To Have’s:
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services or Ethereum and the crypto markets is a plus
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
- Experience with Google Ads/B2C businesses
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply “HELP.” Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.