- Job ID 223407
- Working Hours Full-time
- Equity Option Not Offered
Director of Marketing (Games)
at Gala (View all jobs)
Gala is a community-uplifting powerhouse defining new frontiers in Web3 entertainment. Our games division started with a single intention, to give power back to the gamers. We have brought that same idea to the entertainment world to create Entertainment that Empowers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we like each other and love getting things done. Working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.
The Director of Marketing for Games will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing the go-to-market strategies for our upcoming game launches. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of how Gala will announce our new games to our current and future players. The ideal candidate has several years in successfully drafting marketing strategies within a game development or publishing studio. We are looking for someone with a voice and experience successfully bringing original IPs to the global market, handling multiple projects at once, and having fun doing it all. This hands-on opportunity will enable you to lead and partake in the gaming revolution and create “entertainment that empowers” for our players.
- Create, plan and execute digital marketing strategies, including SEO/SEM, creative assets, content, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Identify new and innovative growth strategies
- Design social media strategies to build and maintain our social media presence
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with internal Gala marketing teams, creative teams, external agencies and other vendor partners
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or a related field
- Proven experience delivering successful marketing strategies and campaigns through to market launch
- Deep understanding and respect for consumer-first strategy, creative and performance marketing
- Proven experience reporting on the effectiveness of a 360-event marketing campaign
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience in website analytics tools
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience in marketing strategies for an original IP
- Experience with successfully working for gaming/technology marketing
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the crypto / Blockchain space
- Loves games and wants to work for a company that builds games
- Comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave