- Job ID 227088
- Working Hours Full-time
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is seeking a highly engaged attorney with a passion for all things employment to join our legal organization. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with teams cross-functionally throughout the company to support Ripple’s fast-growing global business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide strategic legal advice and counseling globally on a broad range of employment law matters, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, worker classification, performance management, diversity efforts, compensation & benefits, wage & hour, immigration, employee relocations, leaves of absence, and internal investigations
- Draft, review, and advise internal stakeholders on employment contracts, consulting agreements, staffing & recruiting agreements, and employer of record agreements
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Global Mobility, recruiters, and other internal partners in EMEA and in each one of our international jurisdictions
- Review, update, and develop employee handbooks, policies, procedures, guidelines, and trainings in various international jurisdictions
- Proactively identify and assess employment risks and escalate accordingly, including proposing constructive solutions that mitigate risks
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of employment-related policies and processes
- Proactively handle all aspects of litigation, including discovery and motion practice
- Partner with external advisors globally who are engaged to support various projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school
- 5-8 years employment law experience at a leading law firm (in-house experience is a plus)
- Experience advising on global employment-related issues is a plus
- Strong employment counseling experience across a wide range of employment law issues including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, worker classification, employment contracts, consulting agreements, performance management, diversity efforts, compensation & benefits, wage & hour, immigration, employee relocations, leaves of absence, and internal investigations
- Strong litigation experience through all stages of litigation
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment, often with short deadlines
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to independently and effectively interact with HR Business Partners, recruiters, and other internal stakeholders in many different countries
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.