- Job ID 221620
- Working Hours Full-time
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and do it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
Engineering Manager – Government Systems, is responsible for innovating, executing, and influencing systems architectures in support of FedRamp and On-Prem solutions from the Chainalysis engineering organization. You will be a trusted mentor to their team and a vital partner for Product Managers. You will be adept at building and leading highly skilled teams, advising on complex scaling challenges, and immersing yourself in customer use cases and problems – often all on the same day. We measure success by the retention and engagement of our engineers, and ultimately the delivery against our product roadmap.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you have:
- Led and empowered one or more teams of engineers who are effective and love what they do.
- Hired exceptional people to grow your team(s) with a focus on diversity, scalability, and always raising the bar.
- Built relationships with the Product Management team based on credibility and candor that result in lofty goals, clear objectives, and confidence that you’ll meet them. Worked with PMs and your team to set clear objectives and meet them.
- Helped the entire engineering team get better at what we do by building smarter ways of working.
A background like this helps:
- Excellent knowledge of the FedRAMP landscape, operating constraints, and risk
- Prior experience operating services in a highly compliant and/or constrained environment
- A software or data engineering background (and you secretly put your hands on the keyboard when you get a chance.)
- Managed a diverse team of impactful engineers, ideally in a fast-growing startup.
- Experience hiring engineers and working closely with recruiters as a team.
- Aren’t afraid to jump into a problem and get it sorted, even if it’s outside of your day-to-day role.
- Have an interest in cryptocurrencies or a desire to learn – we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.