- Job ID 221532
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 4
Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
As Pagoda’s Events Coordinator, Developer Relations, you will be responsible for every step of event preparation, from pre-planning to post-analysis. You will plan and coordinate events that help grow community engagement and awareness. As the only Events Coordinator at Pagoda, you will generate new event ideas, plan meeting and event logistics, manage event execution, work with sponsors and partners, manage registration and payment processing. You will help define the events strategy for Pagoda and work with the rest of our Developer Relations team to ensure that we increase networking and exposure opportunities for Pagoda and deliver an amazing event experience for all those involved. This role is on our Developer Relations team and reports to our Community Manager.
We are looking for a multi-tasker and team player to help lead efforts on growing our presence and generating awareness at events and measuring the success of our events.
This is an exciting opportunity to create and execute an events strategy for the first Web3 startup platform in the blockchain ecosystem. It will also include occasional opportunities for regional and international travel.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help build out Pagoda’s processes for in-person and online events
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations and logistics such as researching and booking the appropriate venues and working with vendors on booth design and swag orders
- Track our annual budget for events and regularly track overall event expenses
- Track success metrics and reporting for our events to help us decide what events to attend, and the success of each activation
- Vet sponsorship opportunities and execute them from end-to-end
- Plan and execute multiple industry events per year at locations around the world, from Lisbon to San Francisco and beyond
- Working with NEAR Foundation, industry partners and other NEAR projects on hosting activations at Web3 and Web2 conferences
- Build and coordinate schedules for events, including booth, mentoring and speaking responsibilities
- Build out a network of vendors (merchandise providers, booth designers, venue spaces, etc.) across geographies
What We’re Looking For:
- You have 2-4 years of experience as event coordinator or similar role, preferably within the Tech, FinTech or Crypto/Blockchain industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Public Relations or related field is a must
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Proof of portfolio of successful events
- Sense of ownership and pride in your impact on the company’s brand and success
- Great sense of autonomy and responsibility
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Integrity, attention to detail, ability to manage expectations at all levels
We’d Love If You Have:
- Industry knowledge of Web3, blockchain, DeFi and/or cryptocurrency
- Events experience acquired in a corporate, entertainment, tech or startup environment
- Knowledge of Web3/Web2 event circuits, and past participation in them
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Interviews with the team (2 x 45 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role. You’ll ideally be located in a North American or European time zone to help with team coordination and communications.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.