- Job ID 222570
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 2
Who are Bumper?
Bumper are building something that sounds impossible and will be launching the product to market within months. We are solving a problem that’s not just limited to crypto but could span the financial industry globally. This is the only thing of its kind and puts us at the forefront of this technology. If you feel comfortable in an ever-changing environment, one that challenges on a daily basis, and rewards hard work, then consider Bumper your home.
You will have a unique opportunity to work directly on a product that will change the way people can invest in crypto.
We are creating a protocol that will allow any user to protect the underlying value of their crypto asset against all kinds of volatility levels. We call it “God-Mode for Crypto”! The scope of the protocol will reach all corners of the user landscape, from retail to degens to institutional. Already, the simulations are proving radically cheaper and more efficient than traditional options instruments.
We are building a team of the elite, the best of the best. We are compiling a team that not only believes in the potential for DeFi to change the face of finance, but has the talent and skills that lead to growth and change. We still have fun however and a love for 80s pop culture is encouraged… but not needed!
Bumper is looking for a cash flow and spreadsheets obsessive Finance Director to join our growing company as we prepare to launch our fully-funded and radically innovative DeFi protocol.
This role will be working with the existing accounting and operations teams who have begun developing the business financial processes for growth in the near future.
To achieve our goals, we’re looking for a Finance Director to further build out the financial structures, processes and tooling that will streamline the business for maximum efficiency, and lay the foundations for the internal and external financial landscapes of the business as we grow to the grand expectations of the Bumper protocol.
Your main task will be to use your experience of financial processes, strategies, and systems, alongside some knowledge of the unique aspects of revenue streams within decentralised protocols, to build for our rapid development and growth. You’ll be mapping and managing the revenue streams, while building sound strategies to monitor cash flows and bring transparency to financial inefficiencies.
You will work directly with the COO, the accounting team and external partners / suppliers. You will report weekly results to the Board.
Every day is different and brings new problems and challenges to solve. To succeed in this role you will:
- Be responsible for the financial management of the organisation.
- Manage the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, 1, 3 and 5-year financial plans, and all statutory financial reporting.
- Use your Financial Modelling expertise to clearly present and outline the current Financial position.
- Present financial results and insights to the Board.
- Assist from a financial perspective in the formulation of the business’s strategies.
- Manage and oversee the taxation affairs of the organisation, and liaising with the external tax firm for specialist advice.
- Manage and oversee the cash flow of the company, ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Manage hedging and foreign currencies, including different cryptocurrencies.
- Manage the External Auditor relationship and ensure the organisation is compliant with accounting standards.
- Manage and oversee the company’s banking and borrowing arrangements.
- Manage relationships with Investors (where applicable).
- Manage and oversee the company’s financial systems, and those of the decentralised protocol.
- Conduct extensive Investment appraisal and analysis.
- Pitch results to non-finance people to understand.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Handle the Risk Management of treasury to ensure that the business has a solid risk framework in place.
- Assist commercial decision-making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis, etc.
- Advise and implement best practice methods to reduce costs.
- Advise on market changes and provide strategic financial recommendations to the Board.
- Manage and track budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information.
- Min. 2-5 years of experience working for start-ups and/or scale-ups as a Finance Director or Chief Financial Officer, or consultant.
- An obsession with making companies efficient and profitable.
- Knowledge of financial techniques and accounting processes, backed with previous professional experience in a Crypto / DeFi / tech company.
- Experience in building new business processes from scratch. Bonus points if you have a strong understanding, or experience, of crypto and/or DeFi protocols, and have an extensive network of professionals and partnerships that will help the organisation move quicker towards an efficient business.
- A deep passion for crypto and the economic freedom it can offer will help but not necessarily. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world and we want you to help.
- Resourcefulness – and the ability to bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as a dead end.
- Curiosity and an open mind – we’re a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Organisation and confidence in explaining financial situations, whether difficult to hear or not.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in engaging proactively with business partners.
- Track record of delivering exceptional and measurable results that have benefited the business.
Key relationships / stakeholders
The Board will be your key stakeholders with key partners who currently provide services / advice to the Bumper business.
Life at Bumper
Working at Bumper is more than a job — it’s the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality.
If you want to make an impact then this is the place for you. The work you conduct will have a direct impact on our business and you really will make a difference to our future.
Our People’s DNA
In all departments, colleagues will need to use their initiative, prioritise their own work and ensure at all times they are working on the tasks with the highest commercial impact.
Due to the international team, it is essential that workers thrive when they are working autonomously.
There is no playbook for what Bumper are doing, so any candidates need to be brilliant problem solvers and deep thinkers.
Driven by Challenge
We don’t yet have all the answers and this opportunity will encourage you to challenge and question things and really grow within our business, both professionally and personally.
Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We believe that creating something amazing begins with fostering a culture of belonging at Bumper. To us, a culture of belonging is one where we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders, and external partners and strive to create an environment where every individual feels valued, respected, and brings their authentic self to work.
Bumper accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Bumper is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic, including Race, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, etc, and encourages all qualified applicants.