- Job ID 221529
- Working Hours Full-time
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Dublin, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will think big about the future of crypto and how you can bring individual investors and institutions into the crypto economy more quickly. You are passionate about the future of crypto and building something disruptive, step by step, to bring positive and lasting impact.
You will work closely with internal partners in product, operation, marketing, business development and legal/compliance teams, both locally and globally, to develop and grow business, deliver the best of Okcoin to our customers, and ensure smooth and efficient operation of the business. You’ll lead our team in Dublin to partner with key stakeholders and drive the expansion of our payment infrastructure in support of our global business needs.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You will possess the ability and willingness to balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. You must have strong communication skills, have a long-term perspective, is good at prioritization, and is willing to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done whenever needed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be a strategic partner of Okcoin global senior management team; be responsible for identifying growth opportunities in EU, managing Okcoin operations in Dublin and driving business growth
- Play a key role in partnering with our local compliance and legal team in Dublin to support our license application process with the local regulator
- Work with business and legal/compliance leaders in other parts of Europe to support our license application process in the region
- Work with BD team and finance team to continue to develop banking and PSP relationships in EU
- Represent the company as the senior manager of Okcoin Dublin at media engagements, conferences, industry forums, networking events and in all interactions with local clients
- Work with local operations, HR and administration teams to ensure proper cross-functional collaboration and conduct timely review of business results
What We Look For In You:
- Experience in managing business operations for a financial services or FinTech company (ideally as a Managing Director, General Manager or COO)
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, IT, Finance, Risk, Audit) and the ability to engage with regulators constructively
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an international organisation
- Cross functional expertise and the ability to implement global standards while ensuring local compliance
- Good understanding of the EU regulatory landscape for financial services, and related requirements
- Result-driven self-starter who is excited at the prospect of growing a business in a fast-paced, growth driven sector
- Fluency in English, ideally also knows another European language
- This role will be based in Dublin; meanwhile, our ongoing license application processes in the EU may require you to travel and spend significant time in relevant locations.
Nice to Haves:
- Ideally, recent crypto exposure and a keen interest in crypto
- You are already an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.