- Job ID 222416
- Working Hours Full-time
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices inSan Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team:
The Risk function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall risk and fraud management at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on risk standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity:
This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges headquartered in San Jose, CA. The Head of Risk Operations will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgement, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The right candidate will have strong intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results.
This leadership role will lead and build a team of risk investigations to manage financial losses, protect our customers and business in a more efficient way. This leadership role will help to build a risk operation strategy, promote innovations and solutions to improve operation efficiency through the development of risk tools/systems, optimize operation processes, automate manual work and build comprehensive training and performance management mechanisms.
The position is a unique opportunity to both manage the risk and partner with the business to grow user adoption and overall product/feature revenue.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop Risk operation strategies with the balance of systems/ technology solutions and manual work.
- Lead the team to deliver expected results to manage financial losses, protect customers and enable healthy business
- Define and develop the right metrics and dashboard to measure the performance of the team and individuals
- Define and implement the right risk tool and system strategy and solutions to improve operation efficiency
- Leverage automation to reduce manual work with the balance of operation efficiency, cost and customer experience
- Build the right team culture aligning with the company’s values
- Develop people and leaders for their development and growth
- Partner with risk analytics to improve risk detection and prevention effciency
- Develop the right mechanism to manage escalations from customers, leadership and partner teams
- Build the entire operational excellence to ensure the readiness of product launches and business enablement activities
- Ensure our operations have all the right tools and systems to run business
What We Look For In You:
- Bachelor and Advanced degree with strong Risk Management, Product and People Leadership
- 8+ years creating fraud risk experience in Fintech, eCommerce, or financial services;
- 6+ years people and team leadership experience
- Passionate about and an expert at business process improvements and automation, systems design and implementation, and operational rigor and resiliency
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple fraud areas: investigations, chargebacks, identity theft, account takeover, ACH Rejects, wire fraud, etc.;
- Results oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment requiring prioritization and ownership
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact at all levels, including working closely with cross functional teams
- Aptitude to identify new ways to approach risk management and run operations
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts e.g. SQL, Python, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, Identity Verification, etc.;
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through;
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Ability to learn new technological tools quickly
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Nice to Haves:
- MBA from top business schools
- Crypto/Blockchain experience;
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL/Python are desirable;
- Fluency in Mandarin
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.