- Job ID 222442
- Working Hours Full-time
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for a Head of UX Research to join our Product Design team. The Product Design team is working to reshape the experience within our hardware wallets, as well as on Ledger Live, the central software we deliver to our users to manage it and track their cryptocurrency portfolio.
We’re looking for the right person to help us explore, understand and reinvent the user experience with our products. The UX Research Team is a small team within a fast-paced company, so the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable hitting the ground running. You will support our product design team in the early stages of the design process with more in-depth qualitative interview sessions with users and more granular prototype/product user testing later on in the product life cycle. This role reports to the Design director as part of the Product Design team.
- Establish the UX research vision for research at Ledger. Develop a plan for scaling research that balances immediate business needs, and the growth of a world-class research function
- Shaping the research brief- identify the right objectives in alignment with the project stakeholders, choose the appropriate methodology, creating a pragmatic roadmap
- Advise and mentor high-performing researchers, by working closely with them on their projects and priorities
- Carrying out quantitative and qualitative research – execute the recruitment, the research interviews/tests/survey or other methodologies depending on the defined objectives, provide a straightforward and complete report of insights and recommendations for the team
- Take ownership of research impact – Discuss and follow up on findings and the next steps after the research are concluded
- Maintain the research team’s knowledge base and promptly update the roadmap when necessary
- Advocate for the users – Be their evangelist and spread the user’s voice at Ledger
- Coaching designers – teach them evaluative research techniques and assist them during the research protocol drafting and guidelines
What we’re looking for:
- You have a previous experience helping shape strategy and priorities for executive leadership teams at a company strategy level. Experience influencing and shaping executive strategies with research and insight
- You have an in-depth experience in UX research and you know how to break down complexity and tell compelling stories
- You have a previous experience running strategic workshops and interacting closely with cross-discipline teams
- You have a previous management experience – recruiting, mentoring and growing a team of UX researchers through the lifecycle of multiple product launches
- You are comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as remote and in-person interviews, focus groups, diary studies, usability testing, card sorting, surveys, workshops…
- You are comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing, and communicating research
- You know how to communicate, convince, explain and justify your choices
- You have the ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You are proficient in English (essential)
- You have experience managing a roadmap portfolio including budget, costs, and forecasts
- You have a strong passion for Web3 and the cryptocurrency movement with a desire to bring security and UX together for the next generation of crypto users
- You are a team player, you know how to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks.
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.