- Job ID 223554
- Working Hours Full-time
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• Lead (L4) Salary: RM 16,829
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko’s Career Progression.
As part of the CoinGecko product and engineering team. You will be part of the team that:
• Develops products in order to fulfill the mission to be the front page of crypto data and to shape the standards for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
• Solves unique and large scale problems, serving millions of pageviews within the cryptocurrency industry.
• Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale.
• Always researching, investigating and looking for the next product that will fill the missing gap.
What we look for in you:
• At least 8+ years of experience in UI/UX design relating to both mobile apps AND web apps.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields is a plus.
• You have done and executed a long term design roadmap – strategy, OKRs, etc. 6 months to 1 year ahead.
• You can rally engineers and product managers to be excited about a design roadmap, lead and execute it end to end.
• Have built and led a team of UI/UX designers (2-4) to aid them both in career development and achieving product/department goals.
• Have successfully mentored and inspired junior UI/UX designers to level up such as (1) Close knowledge gaps and increasing technical expertise within Design to remove UX/UI barriers (2) Translate industry standards into understandable and approachable deliverables (3) Define and deliver scalable frameworks for other designers to leverage.
• You are proficient in design tools (e.g. Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• You have experience with owning UI kits and design systems.
• Can create detailed interactive prototypes demonstrating flows, interactions, and animations.
• You have a proven track record in conducting and implementing UX research successfully to enhance the design process.
• You are excited about hard problems, focused on getting things done, and approach problems with positive energy.
• Enjoy thinking about how people interact with products and building experiences that users love.
• Self-motivated and committed to personal growth.
• Familiarity with design tools for both web (HTML/CSS/JS/Bootstrap/Tailwind) and mobile.
• You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, NFT, web3, and metaverse topics.
What you’ll be doing:
• Strategize a long term vision related to design and execute it in order to meet the overall business goals.
• Articulate the strategies towards achieving the vision with all related stakeholders across different teams in order to obtain buy-ins and rally team members to execute it.
• Lead and scale a team of UI/UX designers, while inspiring industry best practices and developing their careers.
• Uphold and inspire the importance of good design for our products.
• Design, own, and run entirely new, novel design projects with our engineering and product teams.
• Execute full UI/UX design life cycle encompassing the research process, rapid testing in low fidelity, and taking the design to production.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Equity: You’ll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Allowance: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organised and we subsidize a portion of the cost.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!