- Job ID 221622
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 12
BitGo – Managing Director (Geschäftsführer Markt) of BitGo Deutschland GmbH
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking to hire a Managing Director (Geschäftsführer Markt) to manage and oversee sales and operations of BitGo Deutschland GmbH. The Managing Director will report directly into the CEO of BitGo Holdings Inc. This individual must be located in the Frankfurt am Main Area and in any case in Germany (the role can be mostly remote, but we need the Managing Director to be in/near Frankfurt so they can serve as a point of contact for any company meetings that require a physical presence).
- Working closely with the Managing Director Backoffice (Geschäftsführer Marktfolge) and rest of the executive team at BitGo to strategize and execute on BitGo’s expansion in Germany/Europe
- Serve as a lead point of contact for business development by communicating effectively with prospective clients
- Work directly with the BitGo Inc. Sales team to achieve revenue goals for Germany/the EMEA region
- Become well-versed in all of BitGo Deutschland GmbH’s custodial service and all of BitGo Group’s service offerings (custodial services, lending & trading, portfolio & tax, etc.) as well as being able to convey the operational significance of other Group companies (BitGo Prime, BitGo Trust)
- Present periodic metrics and/or reports to the C-suite of BitGo Holdings Inc. and the board of directors in regard to progress on various growth initiatives for BitGo Deutschland GmbH
- Exemplify strong cross-functional communication by communicating with employees and leaders from a number of different departments including Compliance, Risk, Legal, Product Ops., Business Development, Engineering, etc.
- Advise the rest of the executive leadership at BitGo in regard to best practices/strategies for fintech/digital asset expansion as it pertains to regulations and market trends specific to Germany
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- 12+ years of leadership experience within financial services
- Preferably a legal background (second state examination)
- Meeting BaFin’s fit-and-proper standards
- Proven track record of being able to successfully grow teams/divisions through hiring as well as client relations
- Strong experience serving as a lead point of contact/negotiator for business development
- Experience with cryptocurrency/digitals assets highly preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience communicating effectively with teams across several different international locations (U.S., Europe, Asia, etc.)
- Proven decision making, deductive abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to speak both German and English fluently
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, regulators and examiners
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.