- Job ID 221637
- Working Hours Full-time
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Intern, HR MBA/MSHR
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. The internship opportunity will be based on business needs that will vary across the talent function including HR business partnership, HR services, culture, talent acquisition, people analytics, learning & development, diversity & inclusion and project management. Mentorship, support and feedback will be consistently provided in a constructive and ever evolving environment.
This uniquely structured program will start onboarding and span into a remote part time position throughout the Spring. As you get acclimated to Gemini, you will transition into a full time intern role for 12 weeks throughout the summer in a Gemini hub location. Throughout your extended time with the organization, you will have the opportunity to take on strategic projects, work with HR leaders and pave the way for business transformation. Gemini’s culture is thoughtfully orchestrated to provide you with strategic projects, exposure to company leadership, and work that will directly impact the business. As an HR intern at Gemini, you will be at the center of the company’s transformation, contributing to our company’s culture to help leaders, teams, and individuals model our cultural attributes and drive the business forward.
High-performing interns are considered for full time positions.
- Understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Assist leadership in managing strategic initiatives and develop plans as well as execution
- Manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to research complex information and to provide recommendations based on data and statistics
- Be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal skills) and effectively present to all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Currently enrolled in MBA program and graduating by May/June of 2024.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to steer others through influence and teamwork signifying advanced interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to drive results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be a strong partner in a team-based environment
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible vacation policy
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.