- Job ID 224909
- Working Hours Full-time
- Years Experience Required 4
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Gemini Institutional Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Principal, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a business development professional to help manage relationships with existing and prospective fund managers (e.g. ETF Funds, mutual funds) and other large institutional asset managers. This is the perfect role for someone who has had good exposure to all facets of the operational life cycle of a fund – from onboarding through launch and ongoing management. This person will be responsible for building and managing their own independent pipeline of prospective clients while covering existing clients and bringing them into new opportunities. Lastly, this person must be a strategic thinker who can help product managers effectively prioritize critical client feedback to influence the development of new product features and innovations.
- Lead meetings with prospective clients
- Guide clients through the institutional onboarding process
- Supervise the DDQ / RFP process with large institutional clients
- Continually evaluate operational process to identify inefficiencies and develop scalable solutions leveraging product teams
- Daily monitoring of client fund inflows and outflows
- Interact with internal groups, including financial operations, custody operations and compliance, to facilitate streamlined operational process
- Minimum 4 -7 years relevant experience, preferably in an institutional sales or trading role for a traditional asset manager (eg, ETF fund, mutual fund), brokerage firm, or crypto native platform
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to work with internal counterparts as well as with a dynamic global client base
- Demonstrate a track record of interest in and understanding of crypto
- Approach every project with a beginner’s mind, ready to challenge the status quo
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in all functions of the business as needed
- Ability to execute quickly and decisively in ambiguous situations
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $158,000 – $221,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.