- Job ID 222372
- Working Hours Full-time
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, as well as buy / sell Bitcoin and public equities. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and significant challenges for our business. We are looking for a Senior Financial Manager to join the Cash App Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group. The FP&A team manages financial processes of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast and outlook processes, determining capital allocation across our business, and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes across the business and help decide and scale the reporting for Cash App. Your role will be with the Cash App FP&A team, and you will report directly to the Cash FP&A lead.
- Be responsible for the consolidation of Cash App’s PnL and drive narrative on Cash App overall performance to Senior Leadership in the organization
- Drive planning cycles such Long Range Plan, Annual Plan, and the quarterly Outlook cycles
- You will own the narrative around Cash App’s performance and work with key stakeholders around the org to understand levers / drives of the business
- You will work really closely with the Head of Business Operations to ensure planning cycles across all Cash App goes smooth
- Interacting with Cash Finance & Strategy (“F&S”) leads on a regular basis to understand product drivers and margins overall, in addition with other tradeoff decisions
- Work with Sr. Management on ad-hoc requests to inform our strategy and improve efficiency to help drive long-term trajectory of the business
- Develop, drive and implement a forecasting scorecard and work across the board to improve forecast accuracy
- Interact across the board as a Cash FP&A partner with various teams
- Lead and mentor a team of 2 FP&A managers
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in fintech or traditional banking
- Excellent proficiency in excel (can write advanced macros)
- Excellent verbal and written – identify and defend data-driven recommendations and a sense of business management
- Experience developing new ideas and solutions
- Financial experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or data interpretation and analysis
- Solid experience in root cause analysis
- Work with peers and multiple levels of management
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 – USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 – USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 – USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 – USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.