- Job ID 221591
- Working Hours Full-time
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform Organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platform focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Developer Productivity Platform Engineer
The Developer Productivity team architects, develops, supports, and operates the internal engineering serving services and toolsets providing capabilities empowering the software development life cycle. We provide solutions that power continuous integration and automation, continuous delivery that is not only fast but safe, and deep, operational observability of running workloads. Partnering with embedded SREs and our product engineering teams, we provide a developer platform on top of infrastructure consumable with an application workload focus.
You will be an integral part of providing self-service DevOps to all engineers at Gemini via the tools and services the team provides. Your work will empower engineers to deliver software features with more confidence, faster while reducing toil. As part of this work, you will accelerate Gemini product delivery which allows Gemini customers to do more with cryptocurrency in their daily lives. The team is growing and has opportunities for all levels of experience. The qualifications listed are beneficial if you have experience. Additionally, there are opportunities for personal growth if you have the passion to learn these areas.
- Continuous Integration systems
- Continuous Delivery systems
- Observability systems including:
- Logging, distributed tracing, metrics, dashboards, alerting, synthetic monitoring
- Gemini integration of third-party and open source off-the-shelf SaaS offerings
- Development of custom solutions in languages such as Python, Golang, Java, NodeJS
- Primary on-call operational and internal support rotation for these systems
- Experience with logging, monitoring, alerting systems such as Splunk/ELK, Telegraph/Prometheus, DataDog/New Relic, Sentry, and PagerDuty
- Focus on Automation and Infrastructure as Code using tools such as CloudFormation/Terraform/Ansible.
- Experience with infrastructure in any public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) with Kubernetes
- Workload encapsulation via virtual machines and Docker
- History of working with engineers understanding the challenge of creating and maintaining services and workloads
- Supported online systems in either primary or secondary on call
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development