- Job ID 226700
- Working Hours Full-time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Customer Success
The Customer Success team in ConsenSys is focused on exactly that: making our customers successful. The team is designed to complement ConsenSys products by creating a holistic well-rounded experience for our customers and users.
We focus on 3 areas:
- Customer experience – Ensuring that our customers and users are engaged, and satisfied with ConsenSys products and services.
- Brand protection – Maintaining and elevating the ConsenSys brand and overall reputation through our customers and users, and their feedback.
- Continuous improvement – Learning and adapting to the customers’ needs and providing feedback to the products allows ConsenSys to maximize its market potential and be a better fit for a wider audience
What you’ll do
As a ConsenSys Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for building and maintaining enterprise-grade highly scalable production systems running blockchain-based applications built using the latest technologies focused on maximizing the platform’s stability, reliability, availability and security.
Responsibilities will include
- Assist in the design and continuously improve our team’s processes, tools and solutions used to build, deploy, monitor, maintain and scale production systems
- Assist in the design and improve our monitoring, alerting and remediation solutions with focus on proactively identifying and addressing production issues
- Collaborate with platform, support and dev teams for events such as production releases, change management and incident management
- Participate in the on-call rotation for critical system alerts
- Work in shifts in order to cover an extended time frame including evenings and weekends
- Investigate and lead efforts to remediate critical operational production issues
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English
- In-depth understanding of production management principles for distributed systems
- 3-5 years experience working with Infrastructure as Code and cloud provisioning tools
- 3-5 years experience working in operations teams managing production environments
- 3-5 years experience of general Linux experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS, experience with Azure is a significant plus
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, general containerization concepts and tools
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, logging, telemetry and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog
- Working experience with git, and platforms such as Github and Gitlab, as well as the concepts of CI/CD and general production software delivery
- Technical aptitude, ability and passion for learning new technologies, methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and troubleshooting/resolving issues in real time
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Terraform and Helm
- Prior experience in a service desk/Help desk role
- Understanding of blockchain technology and the Ethereum ecosystem
Nice to have
- Experience with Github Actions, ArgoCD and Flux
- Security and networking experience is an advantage
- Experience using services such as Cloudflare, Auth0, Okta
- General software development experience
- Working knowledge of how to use Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).