- Job ID 221648
- Working Hours Full-time
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Senior Software Engineer will build the next generation of payment/crypto financial accounting, risk monitoring, p&l optimisation services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems using non-traditional approaches. To support a growing business, the Senior Software Engineer will drive quick delivery of features whilst ensuring high performance and resilient solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise, business operations services including compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring to support a payments business that uses crypto to deliver an innovative experience to customers.
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in at least one of the leading web frontend frameworks: React JS, Angular Js. Familiarity with React JS preferred.
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Experience in cloud native technologies and DevOps with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, log file management and reporting, Sumo Logic, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns – please discuss benefits with your recruiter.