- Job ID 223440
- Working Hours Full-time
- Equity Option Not Offered
- Years Experience Required 4
At Starlight, we’re on a mission to make crypto accessible for companies of all stages and industries. We provide an all-in-one solution for companies to manage their digital assets from setting up wallets, to buying crypto, to tracking expenses. This lets our users focus on running their businesses instead of worrying about how to manage their crypto finances.
We’re backed by some of the brightest minds in crypto and fintech including: Abstract Ventures, A* Capital, South Park Commons, Brevan Howard, and others. We’re also supported by a group of amazing founders, operators, and angel investors including: Balaji Srinivasan (ex-CTO, Coinbase), William Hockey (Co-Founder, Plaid), Raj Gokal (Co-Founder, Solana), Lachy Groom (ex-Stripe), and many more.
Starlight is based in New York, NY with an office in Flatiron. The product is built regardless where our team members are, but the magic happens when we’re in person.
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We’re obsessed with building teams that are intentional about what they create and empathetic through their process. We know that Starlight is not possible without our trailblazing, intelligent, and collaborative luminaries so we’ve curated an environment that makes you excited to come to work each day and build a product we’re proud of.
In this role, you will…
- Build simple solutions across complex systems. You will build systems that work across different chains, protocols, and traditional fintech rails, while abstracting this complexity into a simple user experience.
- Build the future of corporate crypto finance. You will refine and scale our current offerings, as well as help innovate on new products.
- Own products from beginning to end. You’ll be responsible for working with design, product, and ops to execute projects from idea to launch.
- Grow with the company. As we grow, we’ll build up an engineering team around you. You will be responsible for shaping our engineering processes, tooling and culture.
You will be a great fit if…
- You have 4+ years of experience building high-quality production systems. Your experience does not necessarily need to be in web3 or fintech.
- You have experience mentoring or managing other engineers. There will be continuously more engineers joining the team. You will lay the technical foundation and guide those after you.
- You’re obsessive with your craft. You are detail-oriented and can build a product that delivers the best experience, even in all the nuances, to your customers. You can’t stand bugs and don’t shy away from user feedback.
- You are constantly looking for ways to scale yourself and others. At Starlight we trust each other to scale into new roles and skillsets. You will fit right in if you are excited about tackling and mastering new challenges from ground-zero.
You will stand out if…
- You have experience and interest in working at all layers of the stack. Experience with our stack (Typescript, React, NextJS, Postgres) is a plus but not a requirement.
- You have experience with DApps, payment rails, application security, or backend infrastructure.
In accordance with New York City law, the following annual salary range is applicable for the New York City-based job associated with this posting: $140,000 – $180,000 per year. This range is not reflective of additional benefits, perks, and equity that may be available for this role. The actual compensation may vary from the posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.
Please note we do sponsor H1B visas.
Starlight celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.