- Job ID 222572
- Working Hours Full-time
Who are Bumper?
Bumper are building something that sounds impossible and will be launching the product to market within months. We are solving a problem that’s not just limited to crypto but could span the financial industry globally. This is the only thing of its kind and puts us at the forefront of this technology. If you feel comfortable in an ever-changing environment, one that challenges on a daily basis, and rewards hard work, then consider Bumper your home.
You will have a unique opportunity to work directly on a product that will change the way people can invest in crypto.
We are creating a protocol that will allow any user to protect the underlying value of their crypto asset against all kinds of volatility levels. We call it “God-Mode for Crypto”! The scope of the protocol will reach all corners of the user landscape, from retail to degens to institutional. Already, the simulations are proving radically cheaper and more efficient than traditional options instruments.
We are building a team of the elite, the best of the best. We are compiling a team that not only believes in the potential for DeFi to change the face of finance, but has the talent and skills that lead to growth and change. We still have fun however and a love for 80s pop culture is encouraged… but not needed!
Bumper are looking for a DeFi obsessive Senior Solidity Developer to join our growing company as we prepare to launch our fully-funded and radically innovative DeFi service.
This role will be working with an existing team who have begun developing v1.0 of the protocol in Solidity.
You will work directly with several other senior staff and the CTO, where your experience will complement our coverage of knowledge of best practice in designing mainnet deployments.
The goal for our contracts is for them to be safe, flexible, comprehensible and gas-efficient.
Every day is different and brings new problems and challenges to solve.
You have an Engineering Degree in Software, Computer, Electrical or similar field.
- You have two years experience developing public Ethereum smart contracts.
- You appreciate the discipline needed to create systems that are robust, safe and efficient. You are extremely thorough in your approach (and need) to understand the low-level, end-to-end details.
- You design your smart contract code highly defensively with the understanding that just a single bug may mean catastrophic system failure.
- You design your smart contract code to be as flexible and general-purpose as possible, with the understanding that future requirements are unknown, and upgrading smart contracts can be painful.
- You’ve seen what can go wrong and you’ve learned a lot of painful lessons developing applications for mainnet.
- Where you haven’t seen something before, you like to dive into the detail and see how the EVM performs with short bursts of research and development to squeeze the best out of the system design.
- Naturally have a structured approach to work-breakdown and task management.
- Experience working with agile project management methods and tooling.
- Strong source code management skill using Git / GitHub / GitLab
- Strong smart contract testing experience (Hardhat / Brownie / Typescript / static analysis tools)
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English.
- A fully-funded and (actually) novel DeFi protocol.
- We are Ethereum native, but have plans to simultaneously deploy to other EVM native chains.
- A long roadmap of planned features and upgrades, including integrating L2 and/or ETH 2.0.
- The project is fully decentralised (with the exception of the semi-centralised Chainlink price feed, for now), including the team, who are located across England, Europe, India and Australia.
- Everyone is incentivised with some mix of cash and tokens.
Key relationships / stakeholders
The Co-founders will be your key stakeholders in the short term along with key partners who currently provide services / advice to the Bumper business. The other Bumper team members such as Social Media / Channel Manager, Virtual EA to tech lead and Chief Marketing Officer.
Life at Bumper
Working at Bumper is more than a job — it’s the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality.
If you want to make an impact then this is the place for you. The work you conduct will have a direct impact on our business and you really will make a difference to our future.
Our People’s DNA
In all departments, colleagues will need to use their initiative, prioritise their own work and ensure at all times they are working on the tasks with the highest commercial impact.
Due to the international team, it is essential that workers thrive when they are working autonomously.
There is no playbook for what Bumper are doing, so any candidates need to be brilliant problem solvers and deep thinkers.
Driven by Challenge
We don’t yet have all the answers and this opportunity will encourage you to challenge and question things and really grow within our business, both professionally and personally.
Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We believe that creating something amazing begins with fostering a culture of belonging at Bumper. To us, a culture of belonging is one where we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders, and external partners and strive to create an environment where every individual feels valued, respected, and brings their authentic self to work.
Bumper accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
Bumper is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic, including Race, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, etc, and encourages all qualified applicants.