- Job ID 223416
- Working Hours Full-time
- Equity Option Not Offered
- Years Experience Required 5
Gala is a community-uplifting powerhouse defining new frontiers in Web3 entertainment. Our games division started with a single intention, to give power back to the gamers. We have brought that same idea to the entertainment world to create Entertainment that Empowers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we like each other and love getting things done. Working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist (characters rigger) to help bring the world of Mirandus to life. This person will own the technical animation requirements for characters and creatures. Imagine bringing characters to life in our epic fantasy RPG set in a massive world ruled by five player-monarchs. You will use existing tools to create bipedal rigs as well as be able to create custom rigs by hand for unique characters.
- Create, optimize and maintain in-game character and animations pipelines and tools.
- Create and manage all character rigs
- Collaborate with Art, Animation, Engineering, and Design teams to integrate animation features
- Driven to solve technical challenges across many aspects of game development
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in animation within the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of runtime animation systems such as state machines, IK, animation layering, motion matching.
- Experience with Python scripting
- Expert proficiency in Maya animation workflows
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-have Skills and Qualifications
- Unity experience a big plus
- MMO experience a big plus
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Experience debugging export pipelines from DCC to engine
- Understanding of memory, content budgets, frame, and bone count limits.
- Familiarity with PySide/Qt, C++, C#, Lua
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave