- Job ID 223698
- Working Hours Full-time
- Equity Option Not Offered
- Years Experience Required 3
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
As a software engineering working with integrations on Polygon Avail, you will work on solving real-world business problems with Polygon’s web3 product suite. We aim for the success of every developer on our platform, and through a combination of technical, entrepreneurial, and interpersonal skills, we develop deep insights into both business and technology, innovating to build the right solution or product to meet customers’ needs where they are.
As a software engineering working with integrations on Polygon Avail, you will build PoCs, other software and documentation. You will make it easier for others to integrate Validiums and other scaling solutions on top of Polygon Avail.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep technical understanding of Polygon products and their alignment to customers’ business needs
- Enable seamless integrations by creating PoCs and other prototypes that make it it easy for integrators to build solutions on Polygon Avail
- Create and modify libraries and abstractions to help with integrations on top of Polygon Avail
- Propose new solutions through technical and technical design documentation, finding and architecting the best ways to integrate
- Work directly with the Polygon Avail team to shape the technical direction of Avail.
- Work with the Research team to find optimized solutions and implement them
- Leverage soft skills and technical skills to manage stakeholder relationships both internal and external
- Write, review, and ship production-quality code
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, mentoring other team members on your area of expertise
What you’ll need
- 3+ years as a software engineer shipping production-quality code
- Experience programming in Go, Rust, Java, nodejs, or similar languages & frameworks
- Experience working with and very good understanding of smart contracts written in Solidity
- Very good understanding of optimistic rollups, zk proofs, and other technologies for scaling Ethereum smart contracts
- Understanding of Validiums and of data availability challenges in distributed systems in general
- Ability to create functioning prototypes and PoCs that achieve specific business goals & validate specific functionality. Without overengineering.
- Experience designing and architecting scalable software systems
- Experience communicating to technical and non-technical audiences and working with stakeholders
- Experience with Git or similar source control systems
- Experience building decentralized applications on Ethereum/Polygon (Solidity, Web3.js, or Ethers.js, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of ethereum scaling solutions and experience working with them
- Broad knowledge of web3 technologies and blockchain ecosystem
- Experience contributing to developer documentation or educational materials
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.