- Job ID 226946
- Working Hours Full-time
- Annual Salary ($USD) $100-149k
Azra Games is looking for an adventurous 3D open world game-level designer to join us in crafting a AAA collectibles & combat open world RPG based on an original IP, built in the Unity game engine. You’ll apply your level design expertise and skills to develop a fresh approach to building geo and incorporating mission logic in 3D game levels.
We are both gamers and crypto natives. Founded by virtuoso game designer Mark Otero, best known for Electronic Arts’ top grossing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, serial-preneur Sonny Mayugba (COO) and crypto degen Travis Boudreaux (CTO), Azra Games is backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and NFX.
- Create levels that highlight and evolve the game’s systems and mechanics, and mesh well with the flavor of the game’s universe. Define new taxonomies, and metrics, and develop expert techniques.
- Evaluation and iteration of map flows to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
- Develop 3D environments to creatively challenge our players’ gameplay actions and abilities.
- Work with all disciplines and contribute to topics at the project level. While everyone has an area of focus, building a great game and a great development experience is everyone’s responsibility.
- Minimum six years of experience designing 3D real-time video game levels and building the geo for them.
- An online portfolio (time-indexes with links to publicly available videos are also acceptable) showing shipped 3D real-time video game levels that you personally designed and built.
- Regardless of genre, your portfolio must reflect substantial hands-on experience in single-player mission design and geo construction, be it blockouts or full end-to-end level design and construction. (Multiplayer level design experience will be viewed as a supplemental showcase of your range and variety of skills but is not necessary.)
- You are well versed in concepts such as control of pacing and composition, sequencing of events through a practical implementation perspective, experience with complex objective logic, and how the construction of geometry relates to all those concepts.
- You can explain your design process in depth, demonstrating your understanding of the way level geometry, gameplay systems, player psychology, and mission logic mesh to create fun player experiences.
The perks of working at Azra:
- Competitive salary, equity & token packages
- Platinum healthcare plan for you and your family 💯 paid for by Azra Games. Including health, vision, and dental!
- Parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work that fits your lifestyle – Work from our studio office in Sacramento, CA, and/or hybrid, and anything in between.
- Occasional catered lunches and dinners
- Office social events including happy hours, parties, and community service projects.
- A generous technology budget to provide the best gear you need to be your most productive and happy self.
- A packed snack room and loaded fridge
- Dedicated Game Room for “Market Research” 😏
- An authentic office environment where you get to be YOU
Azra Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Azra Games is an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome and employee differences are celebrated.
Base Salary Range: $90,130 – $137,901. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.