- Job ID 226945
- Working Hours Full-time
- Annual Salary ($USD) $100-149k
- Years Experience Required 5
Azra Games is looking for a Sr. Unity 3D Client Engineer to join us in crafting a AAA collectibles & combat open world RPG based on an original IP, built in the Unity Game engine. This individual will be responsible for implementing core engineering priorities during development and will work with the Creative Director and Lead Engineer, setting the technical excellence bar for the studio. If you are passionate about playing games, making games, and solving hard problems, we encourage you to apply.
We are both gamers and crypto natives. Founded by virtuoso game designer Mark Otero, best known for Electronic Arts’ top grossing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, serial-preneur Sonny Mayugba (COO) and crypto degen Travis Boudreaux (CTO), Azra Games is backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and NFX.
- The Senior Unity Engineer manages, designs, implements, debugs, and documents new game systems and tools, primarily in Unity
- Responsible for contributing to technical architecture and processes choices
- Contributing to technology/tools choices, risk evaluation, dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved
- Expert in code design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling, and optimizing for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Architect and participate in implementing all the different game modules and systems
- Experience as lead engineer working in Unity 3d on a released game (5+ years).
- Extensive experience with and excellent knowledge of the Unity game engine, especially optimization, efficient use of resources, and debugging (5+ years)
- Excellent C/C++/C# and other languages skills (5+ years)
- Advanced knowledge in general games programming as well as in general games development tools, processes, and infrastructure (Perforce, Services, Tools and Editors, Build Systems, Online etc.)
- Extensive games industry development experience, having shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The perks of working at Azra:
- Competitive salary, equity & token packages
- Platinum healthcare plan for you and your family 💯 paid for by Azra Games. Including health, vision, and dental!
- Parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work that fits your lifestyle – Work from our studio office in Sacramento, CA, and/or hybrid, and anything in between.
- Occasional catered lunches and dinners
- Office social events including happy hours, parties, and community service projects.
- A generous technology budget to provide the best gear you need to be your most productive and happy self.
- A packed snack room and loaded fridge
- Dedicated Game Room for “Market Research” 😏
- An authentic office environment where you get to be YOU
Azra Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Azra Games is an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome and employee differences are celebrated.
Base Salary Range: $123,701 – $196,686. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.