- Job ID 221538
- Working Hours Full-time
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Help scale, architect, and implement our next-generation storage infrastructure including but not limited to using Postgres, Dynamo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Work closely with product engineering teams in advancing their critical initiatives
- Support data in transient and event streaming infrastructure and define paved paths
- Mentor and train other team members
- Designed and operated large-scale Postgres databases that support millions of users and a high volume of transactions
- Excited to dive deep into database specifics to diagnose and resolve scalability bottlenecks
- Ability to apply a world-class understanding of storage architecture to critical product initiatives
- Passion for teaching and mentoring high-growth engineers
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Full working experience with other distributed systems at scale (e.g. event streaming, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch) is a plus