- Job ID 220841
- Working Hours Full-time
The Business Technology (BizTech) team at Chainalysis creates intuitive, scalable, and secure technology experiences that accelerate Chainalysis’ growth and empower our employees to do their best work. The Director of Data Engineering & Integrations role is responsible for building and leading the team that will build and operate the pipelines and integrations necessary to deliver trusted business metrics and insights to our leaders and employees.
This work will be done in close partnership with Business Systems teams, our sibling Data Engineering team, and the Business Intelligence (BI) team within BizOps. Leaders who will excel in this role are able to craft a vision and strategy for Business Data & Integrations, which they will build in concert with our business partners. They are empathetic towards and supportive of the team, taking the time to coach individual engineers and engineering managers as the team grows, and are inquisitive about the data and analytics journey at a high-growth company.
The ideal leader for this team leads with people first – whether that means a focus on the UX for data experiences that we are crafting or the individuals on the team and their well-being and career growth. This role is open to remote candidates in the United States, with a preference for New York-based candidates who will join the team in our HQ. In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Partnering with your peers and business partners, you have built and delivered a Business Data roadmap that delivers scalable data pipelines, ETL processes, and trusted insights to the company
- You and your team have built trust in our Business Data through the building of a data catalog, definition of a clear data architecture, and both the implementation and enforcement of policies around data security, handling, and retention
- Your team has made an impact through reducing the time and manual overhead needed to relay insights to business leaders
- Your team has substantially reduced manual effort across the company through automated business workflows built on a standard enterprise integration platform. This will come in the form of both backend systems automation and user-facing applications.
- You have hired and developed the engineers required to deliver on your roadmap, with a focus on adaptivity, resilience, and diversity
A background like this helps:
- Demonstrated experience in roles of similar scope, preferably within technology companies
- Experience leading efforts to implement Master Data Management (MDM), enterprise analytics in a SaaS company, and developing enterprise application integration strategies
- Experience managing teams who have built user-facing applications to reduce manual overhead using low-code platforms
- Background building around cloud-native environments and SaaS technologies
- Previous experience managing distributed/remote teams
- Excellent writing skills