- Job ID 231217
Join one of America’s most innovative treatment teams
Founded in 2009, reSTART Life is the nation’s premiere program for digital technology sustainability. reSTART serves adolescents and emerging adults with problematic digital technology use and co-occurring mental health conditions in Washington state.
The Youth Residential Recreational Therapist assists young people in identifying healthy, sustainable use strategies while addressing physical, emotional, behavioral, and academic concerns using a strengths-based, client-centered, family systems recovery model.
In this clinical position, you will:
- Assess client needs through observation and collateral information
- Focus on client strengths
- Assist in the development of a client centered care plan with regular updates
- Discuss health and wellness concerns with client, healthcare professionals and family members
- Analyze a client’s progress and evaluate outcomes of recreational pursuits
- Plan and document interventions to support individual goals
- Engage a caseload of 1-8 youth in activities such as games, trips, or recreation
- Encourage socializing with others
- Coordinate care with academic and interdisciplinary team
- Provide crisis intervention and behavior management support
- Work with clients to improve coping with stress, anxiety and life’s ups and downs
- Lead individual and group recreational activities
- Communicate weekly with family members and referral sources
- Involve fellow team members in collaborative care, and service planning
- Feel challenged, laugh often, shed a tear, and change lives
What you’ll enjoy about working with us:
- Meaningful work. In addition to making a difference in the lives of youth and families, you’ll enjoy working in a state of the art field that’s advancing rapidly. You’ll make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people seeking a sustainable relationship with digital technology.
- Innovation. Voted as one of America’s most innovative companies in 2017, reSTART leads the way in treatment for individuals experiencing problematic digital media use.
- Connection. You’ll feel supported and valued as an important member of our multi-disciplinary team, and you’ll appreciate our culture of connection, intention, love and belonging.
- Leading the Way. Digital media advancements stand to impact every aspect of humanity. You’ll find yourself understanding the impact of these new opportunities in profoundly inspiring ways, which will naturally lend itself to you becoming a leader among your peers, and those in your circle of influence.
- Forward Thinking. You’ll feel more confident knowing there’s something tucked away for the future with a SIMPLE IRA and matching company funds.
- Giving back. reSTART builds into its programs, opportunities to improve the communities around us through volunteering and community service.
- Salary. We offer pay commensurate with your licensure status and experience.
- Work environment. Hey, it’s Washington. We offer breathtaking views of the Cascade Mountain Range, miles of hiking trails, on-site sports courts, swimming pools, rivers, streams, conservation land and a greenhouse just minutes from your desk?
What we’ll enjoy seeing in you:
- Compassion. You are empathetic and compassionate.
- Flexibility. You are flexible and wiling to adapt to changing situations, willing to customize plans to meet individual needs.
- Patience. You are respectful and patient, allowing progress to occur based on readiness.
- Education. You are working towards a bachelor’s degree in recreational therapy or equivalent.
- Credentialed. You are working towards the NCTRC Certification or equivalent.
- Youth Connection. You have 1 year (2,080 hours) of experience working with youth under the age of 18.
- Invested. You’re interested in a long-term relationship with reSTART.
- Cleared. You’re 21 years of age, able to pass a Washington State background check and drug screen (including marijuana).
- Dependable. You care, you show up, you are dependable and relatable.
- Interpersonal Skills. You enjoy connecting, communicating and engaging with others.
- Listening Skills. You are an active listener and observer.
- Technical. You are comfortable using a computer for chart notes, looking up policies and procedures, creating schedules, using cloud-based systems, and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Always a Plus. You have experience working in a residential setting, therapeutic boarding school, wilderness program, or similar agency leading individual, family and group sessions.
- Addiction Experience. You have a professional and/or personal understanding of addiction. (Experience working in an addiction setting, preferred).
We’d love to connect to discuss your interest in joining our innovative team. If you’re ready to apply, visit https://jobs.restartlife.com to start the application process.
reSTART is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer